Workplace partnerships are a new addition to experiential learning programs at Laurier and offer a broad range of options for both students and the community. Workplace partnerships enhance student learning through the integration of theory and practice while responding to your needs as a partner organization.
As a workplace partner, you:
- Boost your on-campus profile and build new, meaningful connections with our multi-campus university.
- Gain access to the skills and knowledge of university students.
- Contribute to the personal and professional growth of future leaders.
Students can connect and apply their learning to “on-the-job” practical experience using these models:
- Weekly placements: Your organization is matched with a student who completes a set number of hours weekly.
- Project-Based: Workplace or simulated-workplace projects, such as real-world case studies or research activities are carried out by students for your organization.
- Job Shadows: Short-term workplace exposure opportunities are provided to students, allowing them to observe, engage, and ask questions.
- Internships: A more intensive, long-term workplace engagement, often discipline-specific and supervised by the employer; typically up to one term in duration and paid.
Becoming a Partner
Connect with Scott Keller or Tyler Van Herzele to let us know a little bit about your organization and how you would like to engage in a workplace partnership.